These Crispy Shrimp Sliders with Spicy Slaw are so easy to make and so, so, so delicious! We love these for game day or a casual weeknight dinner!
Crispy Shrimp Slider Recipe with an Italian Twist
What do you do when you’re craving a shrimp po’ boy, have ingredients on hand you really want to use up, and are short on time?
You improvise! And, with any luck, you end up with a gem of little sandwich that is totally drool-worthy!
So, what’s the Italian twist? Two small things that impart a lot of flavor — pepperoncini peppers and Calabrian chili paste. These are tossed into a creamy, slightly spicy slaw that provides a fabulous contrast to the other textures in these sliders.
Wine + Cheese Party Cheat Sheet
Sign up for our newsletter and receive the Wine + Cheese Party Cheat Sheet on the house!
Ingredients for Crispy Shrimp Sliders
- Slider rolls — any variety you like! We’ve made them with sweet Hawaiian, potato and brioche style slider rolls and they’re all great.
- Frozen popcorn shrimp — using store-bought breaded shrimp shortens the time to table!
- Bagged slaw mix — another shortcut ingredient to save time.
- Pepperoncini peppers — these tangy, mild peppers are chopped and tossed in with the slaw.
- Calabrian chili paste — smoky and spicy, this brings the heat (as little or as much as you want).
- Roma tomatoes — for their sweet, cool flavor.
- For the slaw dressing — mayonnaise, plain yogurt, and fresh garlic.
Disclosure: this post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to make a purchase, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you (thank you!). As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
How To Make Crispy Shrimp Sliders with Spicy Slaw
- Toast the slider rolls — set the rolls on a sheet pan, cut side up and toast in the oven for 6 to 8 minutes, while it preheats.
- Make the slaw — combine the mayo, yogurt, pepperoncinis, garlic and Calabrian chili paste. Toss this dressing with the slaw mix.
- Bake the shrimp — arrange the shrimp in a single layer on a sheet pan and bake until crispy, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Assemble the sliders — on the bun bottoms, layer shrimp, then slaw, then tomatoes, then the bun tops.
Variations + Substitutions
- Make crispy shrimp from scratch using your favorite recipe. (I love this one!)
- While I haven’t made it this way (yet!), I think grilled or sautéed shrimp (not breaded) would also be yummy on these sliders!
- Use all mayo or all yogurt instead of a combo. If using all yogurt, a squeeze of lemon juice or some of the pepperoncini brine would add some tang (that the mayo brings).
- I’ve made this with both regular and Greek yogurts — I prefer regular (unstrained) yogurt because its texture makes for a creamier, smoother slaw dressing.
- Instead of bagged slaw mix, shred your own cabbage (& maybe some carrots, too).
- Not a fan or don’t have a jar hanging out in the fridge? Just leave them out.
- Consider subbing in capers to mimic a classic remoulade sauce.
- Chopped pimentos or roasted red peppers would be a sweet substitute.
Calabrian chili paste:
- Omit this if you don’t like spicy things.
- No one said you can’t add more to increase the heat!
- Substitute a few dashes of your favorite hot sauce instead.
Other Ways to Use Calabrian Chili Paste
Think you won’t use this ever again? I think you might! I’m a bit obsessed with this ingredient at the moment. You can sub it in anytime a recipe calls for hot sauce or crushed red chili flakes…like in this TikTok Inspired Baked Feta Pasta (2 tsps of Calabrian chili paste was about right for me).
Use it in these recipes, too: Grilled Shrimp + Polenta Appetizer with Calabrian Cream, Goat + Gouda Pimento Cheese Spread.
What to Sip With Crispy Shrimp Sliders
Enjoy these sliders with a sparkling or off-dry (slightly sweet) wine, like a riesling…or a nice cold pale ale (a little hoppy and malty).
When to Make This Slider Recipe
This is fun food, so these are perfect for game day or a party. We’ve enjoyed them pool side and for a casual weeknight dinner, too. Just don’t forget the napkins!
Sliders for the Win! Try These Out, Too…
- Baked Hawaiian Rolls Sliders with Chorizo + Cheese
- Oven Fried Chicken Sliders with Remoulade Sauce
- Cold Italian Sub Sandwich Party Sliders
- Steak Sliders with Caramelized Pears, Onions + Gorgonzola
Super Easy Crispy Shrimp Sliders with Spicy Slaw
- 12 pack slider rolls
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup plain yogurt
- ¼ cup pepperoncini peppers chopped (or other mild pickled pepper, like banana or pimentos)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp Calabrian chili paste or a few dashes of hot sauce, to taste
- 3 cups bagged cole slaw mix or shred your own
- 18 oz frozen, breaded popcorn shrimp like SeaPak brand
- 2 roma tomatoes diced or sliced
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Without separating the rolls, lay them open (cut side up) on a sheet pan. Toast these in the oven for 6 to 8 minutes as it is preheating. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine the mayonnaise through Calabrian chili paste in a large bowl to make the dressing. Add the coleslaw mix and toss to combine. Set aside.
- Arrange shrimp in a single layer on another baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, flipping over halfway through.
- To assemble, place the bottom rolls on a serving tray. Scatter the shrimp evenly over the rolls. Layer on the prepared slaw, then sprinkle on the diced tomatoes. Top with the top half of the rolls. Use a knife or small metal spatula to separate the sliders and serve.
Nutritional values are estimated and provided as a general guideline only. I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying ingredient purchases.