Oven fried chicken sliders with remoulade sauce satisfy that crispy chicken craving for me every time! Adjust the spice to suit your taste and bite into crispy, juicy chicken thighs nestled between toasted rolls and creamy remoulade!
Tailgate Takeover with Oven Fried Chicken Sliders
The next time you’re tailgating or invited to game day festivities, you gotta make these oven fried chicken sliders. First, no deep frying involved. Yay! Second, you can have a platter of these ready to go in just an hour.
Tailgating and game days are all about grazing, so ‘small’ food is great to have on hand. These aren’t small on flavor, though. You’ve got tangy remoulade, garlic toasted slider rolls, crispy, juicy chicken thighs (as spicy as you want them) and fresh veg to balance it all out.
Disclosure: this post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to make a purchase, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you (thank you!). As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Get Ready to Make Sliders!
Every once in awhile I like to remind folks about the fine art of mise en place. It’s basically the method of getting all your stuff ready to go before you begin a recipe. This is especially important when a recipe has a long list of ingredients (which mine tend to have…sorry). But, that doesn’t mean it’s difficult. So here’s how I would set up for these sliders…
- Read the whole recipe first. (Why? Because some recipes happen in stages, so it’s important to break that down first.)
- Preheat the oven.
- Gather all the ingredients for dredging the chicken (everything from the chicken through the breadcrumbs).
- Gather all the equipment you’ll need (chicken-safe cutting board, knife, baking sheet, parchment, 3 shallow dishes for dredging, and measuring cups/spoons). Put the parchment on the baking sheet.
- Cut the thighs in half to create 12 pieces. (Wash your hands!) Then season them (the chicken, not your hands) with salt and pepper.
- Set up your breading station.
- Bread the chicken per the instructions, placing each piece on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Put the chicken in the oven and set the timer for 40 minutes.
- Clean up.
While the chicken is roasting, repeat the set up process for the remoulade sauce, then again for the slider buns. Now, do a victory dance because you are a total boss in the kitchen!
Helpful Recipe Tips
- Anytime I touch raw meat with my hands, I wash them before moving to the next step. You can also use tongs to flip and move meat. However, hands are the best tools and will make breading the chicken faster and easier.
- If you want to really wow everyone, make the remoulade with my recipe for Homemade French Mayo instead of store bought mayo. Oh yea!
What Should You Serve with These Chicken Sliders?
I’m glad you asked! If you’re in charge of the game day spread, you’ll need some additional finger friendly grub. How about…
- Make Your Own Flavor Kettle Chips
- Easy Homemade Hummus
- Dublin Coddle Egg Rolls
- Spicy Whiskey Glazed Chicken Wings
Serving these for lunch or dinner?
- Ultimate Lobster Mac + Cheese (with or without the lobster)
- Honey Mustard Brussels Sprout Slaw from Cookie + Kate
- Air Fryer French Fries from Well Plated by Erin
- Make your own seasonal fruit salad
Oven Fried Chicken Sliders with Remoulade Sauce
- Sheet pan
- Chef's knife
- 3 shallow dishes
- small prep bowl
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs cut in half to yield 12 pieces
- kosher salt + fresh ground black pepper to season
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp cayenne pepper use more or less, to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 3 eggs
- 1¾ cups seasoned Panko bread crumbs
- ⅔ cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard regular or coarse grain
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tsp hot sauce or more, to taste
- 3 cornichons minced, about 2 generous tablespoons
- 1 tsp capers minced
- 12 slider rolls
- unsalted butter softened
- garlic powder
- 2 cups crisp lettuce shredded
- 3 plum tomatoes cut into 12 slices
- pickles or cornichons
- Preheat your oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Season the cut chicken thighs generously with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Grab 3 shallow dishes to set up your breading station. – In the first dish, combine flour, corn starch, salt, pepper, cayenne, garlic + onion powders.– In the second dish, whisk the eggs until they are good and scrambled.– In the third dish, pour the seasoned panko.
- Dredge the chicken first in the flour mixture. Shake of the excess. Next, dip in the egg wash to coat both sides. Lastly, turn the chicken in the panko to coat, lightly pressing the breadcrumbs into the flesh. Gently remove it to the sheet pan. Repeat until all the chicken is breaded.
- Roast the chicken for 40 minutes. There is no need to flip the pieces over.
- Meanwhile, combine the remoulade ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until you're ready to serve.
- Just before the chicken is done roasting, lightly butter the cut sides of your slider rolls and sprinkle them with a little garlic powder. Toast them, cut side down on a grill, skillet or grill pan, or slide them into the oven with the chicken for the last couple of minutes.
- To serve, slather the rolls with remoulade sauce. Add a piece of chicken, lettuce, tomato, pickles or any other garnishes you like.
If you make and enjoy this recipe, please come back and leave a comment, give it some stars or snap a photo + tag me on Instagram and use #sipandsanity! Thanks for hanging out!