This grapefruit and pomegranate holiday cocktail (or mocktail) will have you feeling good tidings indeed! Winter fruits and ginger beer combine for a refreshing + festive libation!
A Holiday Cocktail with Grapefruit + Pomegranate
If you’ve been around Sip + Sanity for a bit, you know my penchant for red cocktails. It’s a thing.
Yes, it’s the holidays and red works. But, it also makes sense to use seasonal fruit juices that are full of ripe flavor. I can’t help that they happen to lean red. 😉
Stir, Don’t Shake, Your Grapefruit Pomegranate Cocktail
Fill a glass with ice, then add grapefruit + pomegranate juices, ginger beer, your spirit of choice and stir to combine. Top if off with a bit more ice and garnish with pomegranate arils and sprig of rosemary.
That whiff of rosemary you get with each sip enhances the flavor of the grapefruit juice.
I don’t recommend using a shaker as the bubbles from the ginger beer may create a geyser! Major party foul. But, you could shake the juices + liquor with ice if you prefer, and top it off with ginger beer at the end.
By all means, if you have a juicer (manual or automated), fresh squeezed ruby red grapefruit juice is the best! Some grocery stores also sell fresh squeezed juices in their produce section. If fresh squeezed isn’t an option, a premium, not-from-concentrate juice is the way to go.
If you’re really ambitious, you can also produce fresh squeezed pomegranate juice. Tori Avey has a great tutorial on how to cut, seed and juice pomegranates.
Certainly! As a matter of fact, this started out as a mocktail for me a couple of years ago. Omit the booze and feel free to add a little extra of either of the juices or ginger beer.
As you can see from the photo above, I’m using vodka. However, I think it would be pretty great with a silver tequila or rum, too. My personal favorite, though, is a nice dry gin! The juniper scents in gin are perfect with grapefruit juice.
Try These Other Winter Cocktails…
And, serve with:
- Pesto Bread Wreath with Sun-dried Tomato Goat Cheese Spread
- Cranberry + Brie Donuts
- Mini No-Bake Key Lime Cheesecakes
Good Tidings Grapefruit Pomegranate Cocktail
- 2 oz ruby red grapefruit juice
- 1 oz pomegranate juice
- 3 oz ginger beer
- 1½ oz vodka or gin, silver tequila or rum
- pomegranate arils garnish
- sprig rosemary garnish
- Add a bit of ice to a cocktail glass. Pour in grapefruit and pomegranate juices, ginger beer and your spirit of choice. Stir to combine. Top it off with a bit more ice and garnish with pomegranate seeds and a sprig of rosemary.
- For an alcohol-free version, replace the spirits with extra ginger beer or juice.
- To make a big batch, think of the ingredients in parts. For instance, using a 1 cup measure: 2 parts grapefruit juice, 1 part pomegranate juice, 3 parts ginger beer, 1.5 parts spirit = 7.5 cups of punch = 4 servings.
Nutritional values are estimated and provided as a general guideline only. I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying ingredient purchases.