My dear friend, Caryl, asked me for some breakfast ideas to add some ease and variety to the start of her day as she juggles working from home and caring for her sweet little toddler. And since the summer produce season is upon us, I wanted to curate a list of recipes to take advantage of all those gorgeous fruits and vegetables. Whether you’re staying busy virtually, heading back to a new normal at the office or getting an early start on a family day trip, you can take advantage of these 10 breakfast ideas for families on-the-go this summer!
Grab and Go Breakfasts
When there is seriously no time, you can wrap these individually and grab one on your way out the door.
- No refined sugars, gluten, dairy or guilt in these Blueberry Banana Baked Oatmeal Cups from She Likes Food.
- I’m a big fan of cake for breakfast and can’t wait to try this Fresh Peach Breakfast Cake from Saving Room for Dessert
Make-Ahead Breakfasts for Hectic Mornings
With a little meal prep, these can make breakfast stress-free and quick.
- Sneak some veggies in by adding a slice of juicy tomato from your garden or a handful of baby spinach to these Make Ahead Breakfast Sandwiches from House of Nash Eats.
- Freezer-friendly at its finest…try these Breakfast Taquitos from Damn Delicious.
- I make this Veggie Ham and Cheese Breakfast Egg Casserole from Skinnytaste at least once a month. Perfect with a toasted english muffin!
- A steamy summer morning screams for this Strawberry Chia Watermelon Smoothie from Minimalist Baker. Prep all the ingredients (sans almond milk) into some mason jars for the freezer. In the morning, add the milk and blitz it up in a blender.
When You Have a Little More Time
Some assembly required.
- These Zucchini and Corn Fritters from Once a Foodie could definitely be made ahead, and what says summer better than corn? (They’re also baked! Not fried!) Topped with a farm fresh fried egg, it’ll sustain you all morning.
- Cook up your eggs and bacon ahead of time to make quick work of this Breakfast BLT Salad from Skinnytaste…another of my favorite vehicles to get veggies into my diet.
- So, you bought too many peaches at the farmer’s market? Whip up this Breakfast Peach Blueberry Oatmeal Cobbler from Whole and Heavenly Oven!
Big Batch + Versatile Breakfast
- If you’ve never tried it before, learn How to Make Crepes at Sally’s Baking Addiction. She even provides a list of fillings for these versatile wraps, but the options are endless. Double this recipe and freeze the extras between sheets of wax paper.
I can’t decide which to make next, but I know we’ll be eating well! Don’t forget to let me know if you try any of these 10 breakfast ideas for families on-the-go this summer!
Featured image photo by Rachel Park on Unsplash