A Thanksgiving Leftover Turkey Sandwich with Cranberry Miso Mayo is the best way to enjoy holiday flavors with a modern spin!
Leftover Thanksgiving Sandwich with Miso Seasoned Mayo
We’ve all done it…loaded up all those turkey day leftovers between a couple slices of bread…or heck, on leftover dinner rolls. But, this take gives a couple of those ingredients a little makeover.
Here’s another Thanksgiving leftover recipe to try out that uses up extra cranberry sauce and Brussels sprouts, as well as turkey!
Turn those sprouts into a tangy sweet slaw to add vibrancy and crunch to your sammy. And, mix cranberry sauce with mayo and umami packed miso for a delicious spread.
Ingredients to Make a Leftover Turkey Sandwich with Cranberry Miso Mayo
This list presumes you’ve got leftover turkey and some raw ingredients. I’ll give you some ideas to use up your cooked ingredients below in the Common Questions!
- Light mayonnaise
- Cranberry sauce
- White miso paste
- Apple cider vinegar
- Fresh Brussels sprouts
- Crumbled bacon
- Leftover turkey
- Brioche bread slices
- White cheddar
This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to make a purchase, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you (thank you!). As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read the full Disclosure for more information.
How to Create Your Thanksgiving Leftover Sandwich
Make Cranberry Miso Mayo + Dressing for Slaw
In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, cranberry sauce and miso paste. Whisk well to create a smooth spread. This will be used to spread onto toasted brioche.
Transfer 3 tablespoons of the spread into a separate bowl. Add 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar to that and whisk again. This will be used to create your slaw.
Make Brussels Sprouts + Bacon Slaw
Combine the slaw dressing with the shredded Brussels sprouts + crumbled bacon. Taste and adjust for seasoning…salt, pepper and/or additional apple cider vinegar.
Assemble the Sandwiches
Toasted brioche is perfect for these sandwiches. These slices are huge (the loaf came pre-sliced), but they are so squishable, it hardly matters.
Spread some cranberry miso mayo on both slices of brioche. Top with a slice of white cheddar, then turkey, then a pile of slaw before closing it up. So simple!
Common Questions on Making Thanksgiving Leftovers Sandwich
No worries! You could spring for a can of whole berry cranberry sauce, or substitute with your favorite jam or preserves — whatever is already open in your fridge. I think any red fruit jam, fig jam or even orange marmalade would be delish with the miso mayo.
Simply put, miso is a fermented paste made from soybeans. It’s full of umami flavor and is used to make miso soup as well as many sauces and dressings. You can leave it out, but where’s the fun in that?
Absolutely! Skip turning cooked sprouts into slaw and use as is. You might need to cut them in half or quarters to fit nicely on your sandwich. You can simply slather your sandwich with extra spread instead of using some for the slaw dressing.
It’s your sandwich, use any kind of bread you like. Leftover dinner rolls would be great…make little sliders with those. Speaking of sliders, Hawaiian or small potato rolls would be delish. I think Challah or a hearty multigrain bread would be amazing, too.
Most definitely. Toast the whole thing in an oven, or treat it like grilled cheese in a skillet, or press it like a panini.
More Sandwich Recipes, Because Sandwiches Rock!
- Turkey Wrap with Cranberry + Goat Cheese
- Kimchi Grilled Cheese
- Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Ricotta, Chicken + Fig
- Tomato + Artichoke Two-Cheese Panini with Pesto Aioli
- Oven Fried Chicken Sliders with Remoulade Sauce
- Pepper Jack Cornbread Waffle Club Sandwich
- Cheesy Cranberry Turkey Sliders
Thanksgiving Leftover Turkey Sandwich with Cranberry Miso Mayo
- 6 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp cranberry sauce
- 1 tbsp white miso paste
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- kosher salt + fresh cracked black pepper
- 5 oz Brussels sprouts (about 10) shaved or sliced very thin
- 6 slices cooked bacon crumbled
- 8 oz cooked turkey breast sliced
- 6 slices Brioche loaf toasted
- 3 slices white cheddar
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, cranberry sauce and miso paste. Whisk well to create a smooth spread.
- Transfer 3 tablespoons of the spread into a separate bowl. Add 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar to that and whisk again. This will be used for the slaw.
- Combine the slaw dressing with the shredded Brussels sprouts + crumbled bacon. Taste and adjust for salt, pepper and/or additional apple cider vinegar.
- Spread some cranberry miso mayo on both slices of brioche. Top with a slice of white cheddar, then turkey, then a pile of slaw before closing it up.
Nutritional values are estimated and provided as a general guideline only. I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying ingredient purchases.